Thursday, July 10, 2008

baby vibes

sleepy today.  need to go watch the dharma mittra dvds, but wanted to share first.  so last month I wrote down my cycle because we have been thinking that we would start trying for baby the newer in august after my yoga course, and i was curious what that would mean in terms of actual days etc.  since i started my period june 20, i counted out i would be theoretically ovulating in august around the 22nd.  so that is where my mind was.  but today one of my colleagues in the studio was teaching a new mom who brought her 3wk old baby with her and the strangest thing happened to me: i got the nursing tingles.  that's wierd, see, since i stopped nursing ava almost a year ago, and my milk dried up a year ago for sure.  but it made me think that, ok, this isn't just a theory... i really do want another baby, now.  which is good because it has seemed a little theoretical up until now, which was a positive change from DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT NOW which was the predominant sentiment from september 2004 until this past march.

so anyways, i came home and looked at the calendar and noticed that i will start a new cycle on the 18th which is a full moon, so that seems auspiscious.  that would put me ovulating around the last of the month.  seems to me that being only a day or two pregnant during my yoga course wouldn't be a problem.  so now i think i may as well put out the welcome mat to my second child starting the 18th.  which is next week!  yay!

and that means, if it takes it takes.  and if it doesn't, no harm trying sooner than later.  and if it takes then i am due for babyhaving a month sooner and have all next summer to get my figure back before fall dancing season.  i like this plan.  plus it means no condoms on vacation and that is always better ;)

L8

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so stinkin' excited for this to happen so now is way better than later, even if later is not so much...

I still have milk, is that weird? Not a lot but still... Ella has also been off the boob for a year now.

yay

mermaid queen said...

i don't think that's wierd ... mine dried up around a month before her third birthday. maybe that is how long it sticks around...

Unknown said...

Was thinking of you the other day.